Sunday, January 4, 2015

This Way Up


On my way home from vacation last week I found a dandy article in the Southwest Airlines magazine that sits in the seat back pocket.  You can find inspiration in the oddest places.  This little article was only half a page long, but it is so appropriate for the New Year that I thought I would share it with you. My word for the year is BRAVE.  Maybe that is why I liked this read.  Enjoy :)

THIS WAY UP by Scott Steinberg

If you want to climb the ladder, put yourself in opportunities way.  We all know someone whose career is charmed.  It's no accident.  Luck (the place where opportunity meets preparation) is hard work.  Successful people actively put themselves in the cross hairs of fortune.  Simply put, they're courageous.  Instead of waiting for opportunities to appear, they seek them out.  They continually strive to gain new talents, training, and experience. 

A courageous lifestyle is one in which you know where you are going and you have a plan to get there.  When you see an opportunity, seize it.  When you spot a problem, fix it. And when you want something, ask for it.  Ask yourself: What do I need to do right now to get to where I want to be later?  Being brave in business and in life means taking that first step - and then taking more steps, one after another, until you've arrived at your destination.

Happy New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment