Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Color Schemes From Home Decor

I was a little surprised the other day when I posted this picture of art I had sold at an art market.

What was surprising was that most of my backgrounds were yellow, blue, or green.  What?  I thought I was doing a pretty good job of mixing it up, but there it was in full-on color - yellow, blue and green.  At about the same time I was having background insecurities, I was cleaning out my bookshelf and came across this little gem.

A home decor magazine featuring color schemes.  I little light bulb flickered.  Maybe I could use some of these color schemes as inspiration for my backgrounds.  This is what I came up with.  Not perfect matches, but a nice change of pace.





And one wild and crazy background just for fun.

Stay tuned.  More colorful backgrounds coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment