Monday, January 12, 2015

Inspiration - Straight From The Jar

What I truly love about my life is that I get to create on almost a daily basis.  I have a studio table with all my supplies and the recent addition of a little jar of inspiration that was given to me as a gift from my arty sister from another mister, Kathy Ericksen.  Everyday when I step up to my table I see her heart-felt gift and I pull out a little inspiration bomb.


Kathy had the brilliant idea of collecting creativity quotes throughout the year, and when it came time for holiday gifts, she filled mason jars with her collected quotes and voila - inspiration in a jar!

When you think about it you could make these little jars of happiness for your Valentine with love quotes, for your school age children with quotes about hard work and determination (I know what I'm doing today), your comic friend with a jar full of jokes, as a wedding gift with quotes about relationships, etc.

I picked out the three quotes that were speaking the loudest to me this weekend.  Here they are - in no particular order.  Enjoy and have a great week!

*Are you willing to give up who you are today for what you can become?  ~Gwen Fox

* The advise I like to give to young artist, or really anybody who'll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration.  Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up & get to work.  If you wait around for the clouds to part & a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work,  All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. ~Chuck Close

*As you start this week, may you find a nugget of courage to do the hard thing your heart is aching to do.  May you find enough freedom to do something brave and risky, something that taps the gift you were given but haven't yet fully and outwardly exercised.
We are all artists in some way, whether our media is watercolor, keyboard, food, camera, numbers, or diapers.... ~Tsh Oxenreider


 Artwork by Kathy Ericksen - https://www.facebook.com/kathy.ericksen.beautitreasures?ref=br_tf




No comments:

Post a Comment