Friday, March 15, 2013

The ABC's of Genuine Happiness


The Genuine Happiness Challenge - I have had this little jewel tucked away in my computer files for a long time.  I ran across it the other day and decided to take a look at it again with fresh, new, joy-filled eyes; and, it smacked me right over my head and yelled, "This is IT."  This is my daily prompt, my affirmation, my way to break through the clutter of everyday negativity that is so abundant out there. 

26 letters in the alphabet - I have decided to take one letter a day and bring it into my consciousness.  I will treat it like shampoo instructions read, act, repeat - read, act, repeat.  I challenge you to do the same.  BTW - this came from thehappyself.com.  Here are the letters in review:

A - Accept your reality.  (In a good way - I am worthy, I am artful, I am deserving)
B - Be present. Be bold
C - Create something exciting ( LOVE this one)
D - Drink plenty of water.  Dance
E - Exercise daily.  Eat fresh foods
F - Feel your emotions.  Face Fear
G - Go outside and observe nature.  Give
H - Hug often.  Help others
I - Ignite your passsions
J - Jump through your comfort zone
K - Kiss passioately.  Keep looking forward
L - Laugh.  Love.  Learn to let go
M - Meditate daily.  Make goals
N - Never give up on what you want
O - Own a pet.  Observe beauty
P - Pray. Paint. Play an instrument
Q - Quit a bad habit.  Quiet your mind
R - Read.  Relax.  Reinvent yourself
S - Smile. Sleep. Simplify
T - Take power naps.  Talk wisely
U - Unleash your strengths
V - Vent.   Visualize your dreams
W - Walk.  Write.  Watch the sunset
X - Xerox your smiling face
Y - Yell less.  Yeild to your thoughts
Z - Zap negativity

Beautiful, isn't it. 

Thanks for reading.  Find me at www.facebook.com/LisaMoralesMixedMediaArt

3 comments:

  1. Oh I so needed this to get me motivated. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, Irene. Thanks for reading and commenting. You're a doll.

      Delete
  2. These are truly wonderful words to live by.

    Judi Vreeland

    ReplyDelete