Thursday, February 9, 2012

Don't Resist - Dance


While listening to the radio in the car today, my 8 year old daughter says to me,  "Mom, you know how you can tell if a song is really good?  You just can't resist the urge to dance."  Kids are so smart and uninhibited. 

Sometimes I catch myself resisting the urge to dance, to create with abandon, to go against the grain, for fear that people might not like what I do, make, believe.  Why?  I admire people that pour their soul into art and life. 

So, I am going to try to not care so much about outside perceptions and just close my eyes and sway to the music, let go and see what happens.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it.

Art - Crash Glass on canvas by Lisa Morales

1 comment:

  1. From the mouth of babes to our ears. We can learn a lot from children. Your daughter is very smart.

    ReplyDelete