Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dreaming Like A Child


My oldest son, Jared, turned 18 last week; and I had to cry a little tear as we sang happy birthday to him.  18 years went by in the blink of an eye.  I have such vivid memories of him as a toddler, a boy, an older brother.  I think I cried because I know he is heading out soon to find his own way, build his own life, pursue his own dreams.  I wonder if I have raised him well, provided a strong ground for him to stand on, loved him enough. 

Sometimes I feel like an 18 year old myself with childlike hopes for living an artistic life.  And then I think of how lucky I am to have an opportunity to do just that.  Jared is a blessing that I will have until the day I die.  Living a life full of goodness and hopes and childlike dreams is also a blessing I hope to have for the rest of my days.

Art Project from 2D Design class - A technique called rotoscope interpolated where use tones (in this case, colored paper) to create light and dark values. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Did not know you had an 18 year old son and so handsome too. I know exactly how you felt as i also have an 18 year old. Love your drawing of him.

    ReplyDelete