Monday, November 25, 2013

Desserts in Review

The yummy dessert series is all wrapped up.  I tried several new techniques this time around and I really like the results. 
 
One of the things I purposely tried to do was to create the feeling of "white" using color, as seen in the cupcake holder, the ice cream, the cream-filled cookies and the cake.  Large areas of white in collage have always been a challenge for me; but, mixing in colored paper with the white paper completely brought the white to life.  That was a good lesson learned.   
 
 
 
 
Another first in the dessert series was the use of a few large format stamps I made from foam core and fun foam.  (Thanks Judi Hurwitt for that fun class this summer).  I cut the foam core to the size of the panel - 12 X 12 - and then cut self adhesive fun foam into circular shapes, placed the shapes onto the foam core, applied paint with a sponge, stamped the panel, voila!  Very happy with the result.
 
   

 
Another handmade stamp was used for the cake background.



 
And another for the cookies background.

 
 
Chocolate covered starwberries has a background made from a stencil, a rubber stamp, and a small circle cookie cutter used as a stamp.

 
Soon after I finishing this series, I discovered the Society 6 website which allows you to upload your art images and place them on items such as notecards and tote bags. 
 


 



So Cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment